Plastic waste is consuming our planet everyday. Even the avid recycler and protector of the environment can still make day to day changes that will benefit the environment. As cliche as this sounds, small deeds can make a big difference. There are many ways you can change your daily habits to reduce plastic use.
1. Use Reusable Shopping Bags: Have you ever been carrying bags of groceries to the car and the next thing you know you’re looking down at the ripped bags in your hands and smooshed food in between your toes? Looking back, don’t you wish you were using reusable bags? Save your groceries and your planet, and ditch the plastic bags.
2. No more straws: Think about how many plastic straws are used once and thrown away at restaurants for one table. Now think about it for the whole restaurant. All in a day? Straws are not necessary, but reducing plastic in our environment is.
3. Buy Boxes instead of bottles: Replace any bottled household products with products stored in boxes. For instance choose the laundry detergent that comes in a cardboard box which is much more recyclable.
4. Use Bar of Soap: Instead of bottled hand soap in your bathrooms and kitchen, buy the traditional bar of soap. Don’t worry, the bar of soap works just as well. And eliminates the use of the plastic container.
5. Update your Wardrobe: Stop buying disposable plastic clothing. You can do this by choosing natural fibers or shoes that are 100% recyclable Treat yourself and the environment with new eco-friendly attire!